we made it to IA just fine & have been busy, busy! we have many pictures to share just need to upload them =)
February 04, 2008
January 30, 2008
We unfortunately had to get rid of some of our pets. This was so that everyone would be happy when we make our move. So here's a memorial of these great pets that will be missed -
Mr. Peanut (w/ Fred2 the dog)
all 3 kitties sleeping
*The lady who came to get them said they would be placed on PetFinder.com and up for adoption locally as well. We've had this lady help in the past with other problem pets. And although we've never checked, we hope for everyone's sake that they all found great homes. We had no other options than this.
January 12, 2008
Today we went to Grandpa's to clean out his shed. Grandpa decided he don't want to get rid of anything so we just visited. #2 & #4 got to go inside the chicken pen. They got to pet, visit, and collect the eggs. They loved it!
Here's some pictures -
#2 handing a chicken to #4
#2 letting the chicken go =)
It was a fun trip & visit! Not many more of these before we move to Iowa gotta enjoy them while we can!
January 11, 2008
Here's something I just found here -
Make Homemade Ice Cream. Believe it or not, but you can make ice cream in a plastic bag!
It's easy: Here is what you will need:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salt (The bigger the granules, the better. Kosher or rock salt works best, but table salt is fine.)
- Ice cubes (enough to fill each gallon-size bag about half full)
- 1 pint-size ziplock bag
- 1 gallon-size ziplock bag
- Combine the sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract in the pint-size bag and seal it tightly.
- Place the salt and ice in the gallon-size bag, then place the sealed smaller bag inside as well. Seal the larger bag.
- Now shake the bags until the mixture hardens (about 5 minutes). Feel the small bag to determine when it's done.
- Take the smaller bag out of the larger one, add mix-ins, and eat the ice cream right out of the bag. Easy cleanup too! Serves 1.